Reporting for duty

Wslevi

Mar 5, 2013
My name is Sam I'm originally from the great state of FL been living in socal, more specifically the san fernando valley, for almost a decade now and recently I decided if I wanted to eat like God intended I should probably start learning the art of hunting although from all the reading I've done it seems like most hunters especially newbs starve ;) but I'm stubborn and I got my hunting license, pig tag and upland game stamp anyway. I have gone on hunts before with my uncle when I was younger but I never really shot at any game, mostly I just followed him around the woods. I do spend a fair amount of time in the great outdoors hiking or camping and I've been fishing all my life, that's what you do when your from FL, and I do shoot my shotgun often and pretty well if I do say so my self especially for a rookie. I usually hit about 80% trap shooting. I'm hoping someone on this site can point me in the right direction or maybe I'll meet some cool people to hunt with who knows. This seems like a great site and I've already received a lot of great info from reading the posts. I've been doing some general scouting in the Lockwood valley area because its close to me and I thought maybe a pig or two had wandered off of Tejon. :) I was thinking about going to CNF in April maybe I could combine scout for pigs and turkey in the same trip. Lord knows gas ain't cheap. I'm mainly interested in pigs and upland game/waterfowl. Happy hunting!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu