retractable lanyard

millbro

Oct 8, 2012
Lakeside
www.millbrothersinc.com
Anyone use a retractable tether for their rangefinder? I was looking at the one offered by Nikon online, but was wondering how quiet it was and how functional. I hate just having it in my pocket because when you need it in an instant, its a pain to get out of there. Any other recommended brands?

I never did have one but after seeing a G5 cinch tether I decided I would give it a try. Seen positive and negative reviews on it but Its only 14 bucks at sportsmansguide.

Dont spend a bunch of cash on one get a camo tee with a breast pocket and lanyard makes no noise wont drop it easily

DO NOT STICK IT IN YOUR POCKET! I just say that because acouple years ago when I was fist getting into bow hunting I borrowed a range finder and stuck it in my pocket. Long story short I had to buy the guy a new one because I went bush wacking and it fell out. At leakst it was a cheap one. Now I use a bino case that has a strap that goes around the rangefinder with a elastic tether and a magnet to hold it to the bino case. They sell them at the Bow n Arrow shop in Lakeside and its worked pretty well for me.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu