Rifle Tip "Cap / Sleeve"?

8SteelTown

I've been looking around online and can't figure out what they're called... looking for the cap / sleeve that goes over the muzzle of my rifle to keep water, dirt, etc from falling in the barrel as I'm tromping around Anyone give me a hand with the name?

msteiger said:
electrical tape.

have you searched 'muzzle cap'? i think that might be what you are looking for.

I'd rather use something that's meant for it. Yeah, I searched muzzle cap, rifle cap, rifle barrel cap, (same w/ "sleeve" interchanged) etc...

I must not understand what you are looking for. "Muzzle Cap" returned results like what I pictured from your description.

I use electrical tape its cheap and works well. No difference in accuracy when you shoot through it. My cousin was in seal team in the Viet Nam era and they would use condoms over the flash hiders of their weapons.

msteiger said:
I must not understand what you are looking for. "Muzzle Cap" returned results like what I pictured from your description.

Mine returned results for guns from like the 1800's or plastic air soft guns. That's why I didn't think that was the technical name.

If shooting through tape doesn't affect the trajectory or knockdown power, that's pretty cool!

Thanks to both of you

I use masking tape. The bullet is not affected because the gasses blow the tape off before the bullet gets to it.

funny i have never had a problem with crap getting the biz end of the gun... then again its hard to fall when you are driving around.

Edit..

ok i have drove the end of my shotgun into the mud more than once... normally just swish it around with a stick and some water and good to go.

I was looking for a scope cover and I came across this, I just order one my self

http://solohunterstv.com/store/SOLO-HUNTER-RIFLE-COVER-REALTREE-AP.html

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu