Scouting

G

Goyaałé

Ridge or Valley? Or both? Planning on heading out in the next couple weeks. Been doing a lot of Google earth research. I have a few spots I want to take a Look at this year.

With the rains the valleys are hard to get through - deep crevasses and soft soil. Stick to the ridges and mid-hill with binos for what moves below you.

I dropped 6 feet on Friday trying to cross a runoff channel and it was thick down low. Had to climb back out the way I went in. Thank goodness we are getting some rain even if it is only on occasion.

Reactions: Goyaałé
Get at least a mile from a road an hour before it gets light. Get high and get behind your Nockers. Then sit back and watch the morning come alive.

With the rains the valleys are hard to get through - deep crevasses and soft soil. Stick to the ridges and mid-hill with binos for what moves below you.

I dropped 6 feet on Friday trying to cross a runoff channel and it was thick down low. Had to climb back out the way I went in. Thank goodness we are getting some rain even if it is only on occasion.
Thank you sir. Good info to know. I have some older simmons 10x50.

Get at least a mile from a road an hour before it gets light. Get high and get behind your Nockers. Then sit back and watch the morning come alive.
I plan on checking out this creek that is at least 4 miles from anywhere. I hope I don't see anyone or and sign of anyone. Lol I know that will be next to impossible.. the only way I'll get in before light is if I get there the day before. Which I hope to do.

Yep gotta get me a tripod this season sure helps to have a steady rest for long range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu