Shed Hunting???

Shmee22

Apr 19, 2014
Has anyone ever been successful in our local SoCal mountains with finding antler sheds and using that as a mode of scouting for next seasons potential bucks? If so, when is the best part of the year (month?) to look for them. Also is it worth it to invest in trail cams to place on public land? Thanks guys.

Sent from my iPhone

They usually drop from January to March. Me and my hunting partner scout twice a week til season, the bucks we've seen have about 4-5" horns right now

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu