Shot a few

We never shoot into flocks this big, we can't risk ruining a field by shooting into these big flocks. The video only shows a fraction of the birds

Yesterday we had to let a few big groups of birds go, today was a classic reason why. They came in little bunches today and a few cooperated including a banded spec
20161218_104741.jpg

nice Stef

I have a good goose spot this year so even i might kill a couple, don't tell the ducks they might get jealous

Freakin awesome Stefan! I haven't killed one yet and I am still adding decoys like crazy. This is my year... I hope.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Aaron,

On a typical year the singles and small groups are the ones that decoy, most of the time this year its the big groups that all come in at once, a few 1000 to 10k at times. the birds have so much food and water up here they aren't traveling much, many of the groups when they cross the field flare on the calls, they are stagnant

Looks like you are having a pretty good year though, crazy how things change each year and you have to adjust.

Happy New year!!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu