Shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it,

code3run

Feb 27, 2011
Covina Ca
Just thought of this movie quote thinking about all the ways I have been eating elk lately... ;D

We have had elk burgers, elk chili, elk steak on the grill, elk roast in the crockpot, elk tacos, elk chorizo, elk sausage and elk meatloaf. And the last thing I made was elk meatballs. Am I missing anything? I have more ground than anything else. Just enjoying not having to buy any meat in a while.

Haha sounds like the menu at our house. We have had elk everything too.

I have made almost everything on your list...except the meatballs. Good idea! We will have to try that next. Maybe a stroganoff kind of thing would be good.

I'm thinking up next to try might be shepherd's pie.

Elk replaces every form of red meat that I can Imagine. I'm thinking that the folks who settled the west that had access to elk for subsistence didn't have it all that rough when it came to good eats.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu