Sig Sauer p226 in .40 cal?

Manny308

May 10, 2013
Today, I picked up my new Browning BPS at Fine Firearms. Can't wait to get it ready for spring turkey season! But now I'm looking at what will be my next purchase. What do you all think about a Sig Sauer p226 in .40 cal? I m looking at the synthetic model. What are your thoughts. This will be my first pistol, I would like to use it as a sidearm when I'm out hunting in the a East County and general self-defense.

Lots of options in .40 cal. I prefer a Glock for the simple design and the pull and shoot action, no levers or safety switches. Also, with a Glock 40 you can buy a 9mm barrel and shoot nines also. Enough about that... Whatever you pick, shoot it lots and become familiar with it. Also, if a CCW permit is in your future, this may also be a deciding factor as to the weapon you pick for conceal ability.

Can you replace the barrel in a Sig? I think my friend's 40 also converts to a 9 by changing the barrel too.

Don't know about that....go to a range and shoot several different handguns in the cal. You desire and see what fits you best.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu