Spikes galore!

Matagi

Mar 1, 2011
After a unsuccessful opener I finally got a chance to go out this morning on a nice piece of property near Warner Springs. Right at legal shooting time, I saw a single doe walk across a river bottom below my blind. Soon after I watched doe after doe come into the valley floor but no bucks. Around 0800 I had about 13 does and 3 spikes feeding and chasing each other for several hours.

I thought for sure a legal buck would make its way to all the girls hanging out but ended up watching all the does and spikes head to their beds and watched approximately 78 turkeys mingle all around the area. Looks like this years hatch was a banner year, next spring is going to be a great year.

Right! I'm hunting on a hunting club property that has had little to no pressure too so I don't get it.

You know fall turkey season is open right? Might want to carry the bow or shotgun with you next time ;)

While hunting Saturday the turkeys were so thick I had to leave the area. They were a nuisance. As soon as deer season is closed I am going to have my way with those things! Could have shot some nice birds...

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu