Sportfishing in danger

GUNDOGLOVER49

Aug 14, 2020
If proposed rules take effect starting 1/23, it may force lots of the fishing fleet out of business. The new regs. regarding vessels engines will force owners to make major and expensive modifications to existing engines or install new ones, or buy new boats. Aside from the coat of a new boat, there would be a very limited market for the one they now own making the sale unlikely. Everyone who has a dog in this fight needs to go too, savefishing.com and sign petition to save local Sportfishing. The entire article is in this weeks WON.

Sad to say but this bus left the station a long time ago.

The rest of the diesel industry has been dealing with this for a while now. With both off road equipment and on road trucks having to be upgraded and sold out of state to meet the new requirements.

The cost is a lot and i understand it will push some out of biz, a new motor is very expensive. In some cases there are grants and new motors do use less fuel so there is a return on investment.

The same was said when this started with us and we are all still here.... ARB will not be stopped, they have god power. They do not care if lives are wrecked or even if a whole industry goes away. That is a win in their book. The only fight is to figure out how to upgrade and stay in biz and keep going.

There's no regs on cruise ships and Cargo ship. They polluting alot more than they say they do. Just look at LA harbor 4 to 6 cruise ship waiting and polluting outside the Harbor.....

There's no regs on cruise ships and Cargo ship. They polluting alot more than they say they do. Just look at LA harbor 4 to 6 cruise ship waiting and polluting outside the Harbor.....
I agree, but Ca. is not able to regulate international shipping, just like Ca. has no control over other states emission standards, but I'm certain they would love too.

Sad to say but this bus left the station a long time ago.

The rest of the diesel industry has been dealing with this for a while now. With both off road equipment and on road trucks having to be upgraded and sold out of state to meet the new requirements.

The cost is a lot and i understand it will push some out of biz, a new motor is very expensive. In some cases there are grants and new motors do use less fuel so there is a return on investment.

The same was said when this started with us and we are all still here.... ARB will not be stopped, they have god power. They do not care if lives are wrecked or even if a whole industry goes away. That is a win in their book. The only fight is to figure out how to upgrade and stay in biz and keep going.
I have bought all new trucks over the last 5 years because of this. The "grant" program is a joke. Like you said they don't care at all about your sob stories and they will get their way. Instead of buying machinery I am replacing great running trucks with new $125k+ trucks to meet the CARB rules. Saddest part is I just sell the old trucks to AZ or MX and they are still on the road running today. I only have 8 rigs, who this really hurt is the local logistics guys with large fleets because they had to comply and still compete with the other 49 states that don't have these rules.

Anyone with any sort of common sense knows this is a joke but elections have consequences and we have to deal with them.

tesla-generator.png

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu