Starting back up

tmeyers2010

Sep 25, 2013
Hey all,

I'm stationed at Camp Pendleton, just getting back into hunting this year. It's been about 6 years since I hunted last, and I was never too serious about it. Getting back into it this year, bought an inexpensive Maverick 88 for birds and a few days ago payed for an H&R Handi Rifle in 30-06, waiting to pick it up.
I'm originally from Indiana, where you can only hunt deer with shotgun, muzzleloader, or bows, so I'm new to rifle hunting. Also never really experienced mountains or hunting over terrain seeing that Indiana is super flat, especially up north. I'm here to soak in anything you guys can provide me with, hunting areas, any sort of information, and anything y'all have to offer.
My friend (who has never hunted before) and I will be hunting on Camp Pendleton, up in the San Bernardino Mtns, and up near Bakersfield where his mom's boss owns a hunting lodge.
Any advice or info is greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance!!

Tyler

Welcome to the site. You came to the right place. It's best to ask specific questions like what kind of hunting you want and so on. There are real good and knowledgable people on this site

Welcome to SCH Tyler...and thank you so much for serving our county!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu