Surf 2 Turf 0

TrapLine

Feb 21, 2019
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
I got a head start on the weekend today. Headed out in D15 and started putting out the trapline, going to add to it tomorrow but running some taste tests. Currently running with meat and fish, and going to add some vegetarian delight tomorrow with a few more traps.

Once the sun started going down I made my way to South OC to get some lines in the water. Went hours with nothing, not even a nibble and then got these guys back to back and left on a high note. The Leo had some nice color and a good fight to him. Up early tomorrow to see if I can get turf on the score board.

4.26.19 1.png

4.26.19 2.png

4.26.19 3.png

Put some more traps out and going to keep adding them further along the creek. I can only carry 2-3 in per trip, box traps are a pain in the ass to put out, not like a backpack full of snares or dog proofs. Will go much faster once they are all setup and I just go for a hike once a day just to re-bait. I need a mule..... any one rent mules for the day? lol, but seriously.

4.27.19 3.png

4.27.19 2.png

4.27.19 1.png

Reactions: longbowhunter2
I’ve been told those leopard sharks are good table fare. I have yet to catch one myself though.

I don’t have a mule, but I got a horse. He needs something to do. All he does now is burn through hay, and leaves it in clumps for me to pick up.

Reactions: TrapLine
I got a secret spot for those leopards, you fish?

Lets get him out the pen, have you ever taken him out hiking with you? 4 leg drive, and they are allowed in areas 4wd is not.

I got a secret spot for those leopards, you fish?

Lets get him out the pen, have you ever taken him out hiking with you? 4 leg drive, and they are allowed in areas 4wd is not.

Heck yeah I fish! I fancy myself more of a fisherman than a hunter, although I have been hunting since I was about ten years old.

As for the horse, I’ve been wanting to use him for hunting, but I need to invest in a horse trailer first. I should probably lose some weight first too. I can ride him around the neighborhood and easy stuff, but I might be a bit too big to get him to haul my fat arse through the hills. I would like to find a nice draft horse for hunting. They can haul a house if you could get it hooked up. Lol

Reactions: longbowhunter2
I haven’t done much surf fishing, and the few times I’ve tried it’s ended up in a skunk. I’m open to give it a shot again. My work schedule leaves Friday and Saturday out for me, but I can do Sunday or Monday morning.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu