Svbony 46 spot scope or recommendations.

Capt.bones

Sep 15, 2015
San Diego, CA
Been awhile since ive posted. Made a huge career change after 15 years on a sport boat.
Im looking into getting a spotting scope, but under $300.00. I dont trust the "reviews" on amazon and other sites. I have my eye on the svbony sv46 long range, minox md 50, or the celesteron ultima 80. Id rather get real hunter feed back as theres alot of knock offs or overpriced garbage im sure out there.
Dont really care about weight, size, or aesthetics. Just clean and crisp image at higher zoom. Thanks for the help.

Ther is nothing cheap about good optics, Price in general dictates quality. You will be hard pressed to find something decent in the three hundred dollar range. Take alook at Vortex optics they cost more than $300 but it is good quality at a decent price.

Reactions: ilovesprig
Well... I imagine I could be convinced to sell my Vortex Razor 11-33x50mm Angled Spotter. (Extremely low use) I'd even throw in the tripod with it, and protective nylon weather cover! It's a cool setup, just more difficult for me to use these days now that I need to wear glasses all the time.

$500 if its cash. $550 if you need to do a PayPal type deal so you can put it on your credit card if you need to.

IM me for details.

Sigh... I hate to say this to ya... because it means you won't come buy the spotter... but yeah... it would be a better choice for you to get the Vultures. Hands down.

I LOVE mine. Much more useful for me as a glasses wearer. The spotter would be the better tool if like you'd found some deer... and then were wanting to be picky/selective, and therefore wanted more zoom to see more detail in antlers. But realistically?... especially if solo and backpacking it in... with the 15's you can see things that are far enough away you just might not be able to traverse the space in-between in order to get to it... within the confines of a single day, depending on terrain type. OR... if you're glassing into thick stuff... and need that higher zoom in order to be able to pick-out that buck, that's not moving, nestled within a thick bush at greater than...say... 300yds.

Sigh... I hate to say this to ya... because it means you won't come buy the spotter... but yeah... it would be a better choice for you to get the Vultures. Hands down.

I LOVE mine. Much more useful for me as a glasses wearer. The spotter would be the better tool if like you'd found some deer... and then were wanting to be picky/selective, and therefore wanted more zoom to see more detail in antlers. But realistically?... especially if solo and backpacking it in... with the 15's you can see things that are far enough away you just might not be able to traverse the space in-between in order to get to it... within the confines of a single day, depending on terrain type. OR... if you're glassing into thick stuff... and need that higher zoom in order to be able to pick-out that buck, that's not moving, nestled within a thick bush at greater than...say... 300yds.
Ya Larry, trust me id love a nice spotter at that price. Very considerate of you to offer that to someone you dont really know, much appreciation. I may lean more towards the 15x's. Thanks again for the help.

Serioiusly... if you don't have 15's yet... Yeah...Definitely get them First. And the Vultures are definitely cool!

About the only possible minor negative quibble I would say at all is that.. in terms of crisp focus within the entire FOV? When viewing objects at distances, and this could just be because my eyes might not be optimally placed in front of them due to needing to wear glasses... and... my glasses interferring with the focus also a possibility... but I notice a tiny ring around the outer edge of the FOV that is not as in-focus as most of the middle of the FOV.

But yeah... that's it.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu