Tags...

805er

Oct 25, 2013
So I finally finished my hunter safety course and got my license. I am strictly a archery hunter and me and my buddy are new to this...

So I had about 110 bucks in action pass points with sport chalet and figured I'd use that to buy my tags. Well not knowing anything about tags and points and all that I bought my hunting license, pig tag, AO tag, and A zone tag. Now with the A zone tag does that mean I can hunt in the entire A zone from north to south? Thank for any help regarding this matter. Then with the AO tag it means I have an earlier jump on bucks not does right? I wish the DFG made things easier on all of us, seems like the system is made to fail for us and get ticketed and or thrown in jail...good ole California!

Again, thanks for any help anyone can provide!

Im sorry i cant help i don't do archery and the tag thing is a total mystery to me as well. This will be my first year hunting deer. I usually jus hunt upland and bob cats and yotes so deer and the tag thing is new to me and very confusing as well. so are all the different zones and bucks and does. so for this year my first deer hunting year im getting an over the counter tag and see how it goes.

Happy hunting and i hope you get a nice one.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu