The new mining Town

I have been reading about this for some time now. Just like everything else here in Cal. It will take a life time or longer for any action to be taken. Every special interest group will file lawsuit after lawsuit to stop the mining from taking place. There will study after study to evaluate what impact any mining will have on the environment and wild life. If you are now in your mid twenties, nothing is likely to happen in your great grand children life time and beyond.

I have been reading about this for some time now. Just like everything else here in Cal. It will take a life time or longer for any action to be taken. Every special interest group will file lawsuit after lawsuit to stop the mining from taking place. There will study after study to evaluate what impact any mining will have on the environment and wild life. If you are now in your mid twenties, nothing is likely to happen in your great grand children life time and beyond.
Id say yes and no. The green groups will be upset because we are disrupting the dirt, but they are also pushing the hardest for these all electric cars. Cant have EVs without lithium at the moment (or...pretty much anything else with a battery at this time). I could see them being OK with it, once it clears CA's studies which could take 3-5 years. The world is going to need a LOT of this stuff, and CA having it can only help us.

Gotta wonder how pumping all that out will affect the fault lines and if it will change earthquake frequency and strength.
I say its time to get it over with, let the Big One hit, all them riverside county folks will have oceanfront property all of a sudden LOL

Better take that excess dirt and build more wetlands... I mean seems like the best way to keep the dust down if you ask me.

Reactions: ilovesprig

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu