The New reloading investments paying off

punkur67

Apr 12, 2014
So I recently started shooting longer ranges and getting into more precision reloading. After checking loads with the chronograph I wanted to do better. I upgraded or added the following to my reloading setup

- K&M Neck turning kit
- K&M primer pocket uniforming tool
- K&M Flash hole uniforming tool
- Upgraded dies to Redding "S" bushing dies set at .002 neck tencion
- Upgraded press to a Forster Co-Ax
- Upgraded powder throwing to an Autotrickler V3
- Magnetospeed V3 chronograph

I started with new ADG brass on this work up. I am very happy with the numbers compared to my old setup. I am going to work the node and it looks like there may be another one at the top of my chart. I had no pressure signs yet either.

- ADG 300MW brass
- Berger 215 Hybrid bullets
- H1000 powder
- Federal GM primers

300wm Load data 7-12-2020.JPG300wm Load data 2 7-12-2020.JPG

Reactions: NBK
Good stuff (75.0 & 75.3). You also look to be approaching some common ground @ 77.1 grains. It's trending in the right direction if you aren't seeing pressure.

Good stuff (75.0 & 75.3). You also look to be approaching some common ground @ 77.1 grains. It's trending in the right direction if you aren't seeing pressure.
Well sir you were spot on. 77.1 is on point for me. Still very happy with all the single digit SD's. All the new gear is really paying off

300wm Load data.1 10-7-2020.JPG300wm Load data 10-7-2020.JPG300wm Load data.2 10-7-2020.JPG

Reactions: NBK
You worked at it and made a great investment with your gear...it shows. Time on the reloading bench and the shooting bench pay off too. Nice job Jeff. You have a an amazing load! And thank for sharing the journey.

Reactions: punkur67

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu