This heat ....

S

stikbrandon

Guys this heat sucks! I hope this heat wave breaks quick ! Has anybody been getting out beside SDBIRDs......

This heat does suck but Living in Ramona you get used to the heat after awhile. I haven't been out besides for jackrabbits schools taking up a lot of time. I'm gonna make time tho once the weather goes down to around 80 or less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went out for a long scouting hike Tuesday because it was supposed to be a high of 82. When I was done with my freaking 10 mile hike it was 95. I think I almost had heat exhaustion. Now I'm waiting for the heat to break to go back out. It's stupid.

Went out opening weekend and it was hot!!! and also on Tuesday 9/9 watched the doe's feed and move for a about an hour, but after 10:00am everything shut off it was way too hot...but ill be back at it Monday and Tuesday
IMG_0897.jpg
IMG_0895.jpg

I was out today, not too bad before 10:30am at 3,000 feet. Probably 85 degrees. A lot hotter close to home at the coast. Saw only a few doves. Managed to shoot one. Gotta get out again tomorrow. :)

I went out this morning. Doves were flying until about 8:30 AM. Then they disappeared... And so did I. If I was a better shot I would be eating some right now :'(

Went out this evening nothing moving until the sun went down saw three does but it was way past shooting hours. Gotta get the ac fixed in my old 4x4 two by 65 ac is not cutting it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been out 4 times since the opener. Every thing totally nocturnal in my area. Sit and glass till 9am then it's back to the jeep. Seen a couple nice bucks miles out taking up some shade next to some oaks. Everything is dry and noisy!! Need some rain.

i was out saturday all day...hunted shady areas and saw alot of does...hiked to some other spots midday and almost got heat stroke....!!!! hunted the eveing till 6pm and saw more does...No bucks at all

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu