Thor muzzleloader bullets

White Smoke

Black powder rules!
May 2, 2011
Encinitas, CA
Has anyone had any experience with Thor bullets? They are identical(?) to the Hornady FPB with the exception of being all-copper, and therefore legal in Kalifornika and Colorado. Basically, they are Barnes "X" bullets, a minnie-ball, with an expansion ring to seal the gasses when the rifle is fired. The glory of these is that they come in different diameters from .500 to .506 so you can fit this bullet exactly to your rifle. I'm guessing my T/C Omega will take a .501 or .502 diameter bullet. I called Thor today and they are sending me a FREE sample pack of 250-grain bullets, one of each diameter. Once I find the correct diameter bullet for my rifle, I'm going to order a pack or two to work up a load. More later! Here's the website https://thorbullets.com/Home_Page.html

We were deer hunting when this bad boy walked out at 96 yards. Spine shot put him right in the dirt.

Attachments

• 20131114_062953 - Copy.jpg
    20131114_062953 - Copy.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 64

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu