Todays duck hunt

Matagi

Mar 1, 2011
Went out to henshaw today with a friend of mine and scored double limits on a mixed bag of ducks. It was perfect water fowl weather with strong west winds, light to moderate rain, and nice cold weather. First duck was down about 15 minutes after shoot time and we shot our limits by 8AM. This was one of my best days out at lake henshaw and even when pickng up our equipment we had birds trying to land on top of us. It was great watching the birds work really close even with another hunter setting up 60 yards away from us.

Total 14 bird count

1 Redhead
2 Pintails
3 Mallards
8 Wigeon

Attachments

• Henshaw 12-26-12 001.JPG
    Henshaw 12-26-12 001.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 25
Kick ass!!!!! That's a quality strap and local even!!! And here I was bitching in the waterfowl forum about no duck reports :)

Thanks guys, it was a kick ass day out there. Lots of new birds and good flocks of geese. The key to hunting the lake is layout blinds and knowing where the birds feed. Will be at it again this weekend.

Damn...that's what I am talkin' about Matagi! Excellent job hunting ducks in the Widgeon capital of Southern California.

Great work!!! Weather was perfect. Hunted San Jac, birds were flying most of the day only saw two flocks of geese but they were so high. Glad to here someone is having success at the lakes. Again, Job well done.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu