Trail cam pics out of D13

Hey a part of NAZIfornia that isn't on fire.....who knew... "So I was keeping the fire away from my house with my Garden Hose and then all the sudden my power was shut off and 5 minutes later my house caught on fire....now its gone" dang it....I had to do it..... Sorry ....

Hey a part of NAZIfornia that isn't on fire.....who knew... "So I was keeping the fire away from my house with my Garden Hose and then all the sudden my power was shut off and 5 minutes later my house caught on fire....now its gone" dang it....I had to do it..... Sorry ....
WOW SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS

After next weekend, if you'd like some company into that area, let me know. Have Bear tag, Will Travel.

Reactions: surfcity
Surfcity That's a terrible loss . Was that in the tick fire . I feel for you bud

Cosmo great trail cam shots ! Glad there not from your cell phone on a Quail hunt with some number # 7 on hand o_O .

Got out to this spot again after first snow. Had a bear at about 80 yards but I couldn’t confirm it didn’t have cubs before it disappeared behind some bushes. Tracks later confirmed it was solo...the road I’ve been hunting off of was closed after this last storm...Hiking in for another chance maybe my only option...

Attachments

• 1E3F3E3A-7CD6-408D-B353-D4387DDCB35D.jpeg
    1E3F3E3A-7CD6-408D-B353-D4387DDCB35D.jpeg
    316 KB · Views: 33
Hrmm... that brings up a good point. You guys with experience taking Bear, what's an appropriate amount of time to wait and observe to feel confident there's no cubs tagging along lagging behind? I've read that sometimes they can be quite a ways off from Mama.

And I mean, obviously if you can ID his junk it's game on, but if you can't be sure about that... what's your rule of thumb in terms of what you do to verify and feel confident there's no cubs in the scenario? Like how wide of an FOV in yards do you scan thru to confirm?

Last edited:
As a first time bear hunter this is a great question.

I tried to position myself in a place I had the biggest FOV possible to hopefully maximize the time I could watch and see any cubs. I had also told myself that if I didn’t feel comfortable about the cub question, I would let it pass. Unfortunately the bear popped out in an area that only allowed limited time in my view before it walked out of my sight.

Last edited:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu