Trail Cam pics

breacher

Sep 4, 2012
Alpine, CA
Did a little scouting today in the area I hunt and check the camera along the way. This is the first time I have ever had/ used a trail cam. It had been out for just over two weeks and I got a few decent pics. A couple of bobcats (might even be the same one) and a fox or coyote. What do you think? No bucks yet. I moved the cameral to a different game trail and I'll be checking it in a week or so...

Attachments

• SUNP0005.JPG
    SUNP0005.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 16
  • SUNP0007.JPG
    SUNP0007.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 20
  • SUNP0009.JPG
    SUNP0009.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 14
I'm thinking its the same doe and fawn that keep walking by.

Attachments

• SUNP0015.JPG
    SUNP0015.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 10
  • SUNP0012.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 181
  • SUNP0010.JPG
    SUNP0010.JPG
    831 KB · Views: 12
  • SUNP0011.JPG
    SUNP0011.JPG
    743.4 KB · Views: 8
Nice active spot. My 2 cents cuz its your first season with a camera. The average 100 dollar cameras we all use are slow to fire. Now that you know what trail they run you can move your camera to point down the trail instead of at a 90 degree. Not only will you get less pictures with just the does butt, but you will get the whole doe with the buck behind her.

( get a bobcat tag, it looks like he is a regular )

Good luck to you this season.

BuckHunter said:
Nice active spot. My 2 cents cuz its your first season with a camera. The average 100 dollar cameras we all use are slow to fire. Now that you know what trail they run you can move your camera to point down the trail instead of at a 90 degree. Not only will you get less pictures with just the does butt, but you will get the whole doe with the buck behind her.

( get a bobcat tag, it looks like he is a regular )

Good luck to you this season.

Yep I'm learning now how to position it. Also discovered a leaf was covering the flash and washed out a bunch of the night time photos. I put the camera in a new spot. Hope to get some different animals.

yep move the cam a bit and you'll be fine.. get a bobcat tag for sure. I wouldn't kill that doe however since she has a spotted fawn with her.. 8)

I would say top photo is a coyote and the one under it is a nice cat! Cause look at the 2nd photo of it :) you my friend have some fun hunting coming up!

SoCalGuidedHunts said:
I would say top photo is a coyote and the one under it is a nice cat! Cause look at the 2nd photo of it :) you my friend have some fun hunting coming up!

Here is the photo enhanced of "the one under it ". Looks like the same bobcat to me.

Attachments

• SUNP0007.JPG_thumb.png
    SUNP0007.JPG_thumb.png
    3 MB · Views: 78

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu