Trail Cameras Setup

Juan

Jul 10, 2017
Hello Newbie here,

I recently bought 4 tasco trail cams, and I wanted to ask if anyone here has their’s either chained up or in a lockbox? I been reading here that people steal cameras. If any has a tip on how to set them up. I appreciate it. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: longbowhunter2
I've never locked mine and nor do my friends, and none of us has had problems. Not to say it doesn't or can't happen. Maybe just run cheap cams and have a cam watch another. I know a few years back there were lots of reports of anti's stealing stands and cams up in Laguna but I haven't heard anything recently.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Hi Juan
You are wise in asking.
I had 2 cameras and a expensive
Blind stolen by rat bastards.
Google on line for boxes of the
Type and model cameras lock boxes.
I have seen some guys use lag bolts
On the lock boxes, but really is not good for trees. And is not allowed
By the DFW.
Instead use something similar to
A bicycle cable plastic coated cable
With a lock. This setup will keep
Most people honest. But even this
Is not fool proof.
Main issue keep the cameras well hidden and out of visual sight.
I like to paint my boxes and brush around it.
Good luck and fortune.
LB

In Jason point if is in an area were there is very little hikers most likely
You won't have a problem.
My area has many dumb humans and un ethical hunters.
So that said, apply common sense.
Heavy traffic yes , no human traffic
Probably not. You decide.
I buy cheap cameras so if it does get
Stolen it won't hurt as bad.
But no matter what, don't be surprised if they are stolen
LB

I haven’t had a camera stolen yet (lucky). But I’ve had two encounters with other hunters via my cameras. In one case a hunter posed for my camera with biceps on full display. Funny pics. In the second case I had someone delete pictures out of my camera (several numbered pictures in a row were missing and a camera I had nearby had a pic of a hunter around the same time. I’m thinking he was checking his camera and noticed mine so he checked my SD card and deleted pictures of him).
So I guess what I’m saying is that if you put your camera where it won’t be apparent to humans then it’s unlikely to ever be seen by a human. But even if someone sees it there is less than 100% chance they will steal it.

I haven’t had a camera stolen yet (lucky). But I’ve had two encounters with other hunters via my cameras. In one case a hunter posed for my camera with biceps on full display. Funny pics. In the second case I had someone delete pictures out of my camera (several numbered pictures in a row were missing and a camera I had nearby had a pic of a hunter around the same time. I’m thinking he was checking his camera and noticed mine so he checked my SD card and deleted pictures of him).
So I guess what I’m saying is that if you put your camera where it won’t be apparent to humans then it’s unlikely to ever be seen by a human. But even if someone sees it there is less than 100% chance they will steal it.
I have had SD cards stolen.

Reactions: Juan
I've had camera's stolen on my private land so my advice to you is lock it down and maybe if can afford it to place alternate cameras to photo your game camera's. My particular neighbor has been recorded on my camera's stealing my split and prepped fire wood on my property as well. This part of the world is full of people that are either anti to our life style or our just dirt bags in general. When I caught my neighbor stealing my cameras via alternate camera's and fire wood I asked the sheriff confront him with the evidence about it. I also asked the deputy not to bring charges (although I could have) but to keep things civil and just put him on notice, since then no problem's because of all this he and I don't talk anymore.

Yes they stolen my 2 cams on laguna area, my hunting partner have 3 cams on laguna no SDcards all my cams have locks and steel case che ck this web Ill buy there all my cams camlockbox.com great web about trailcams and lock box .

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu