Trail cameras stolen on Palomar

rtowle

Nov 17, 2019
Temecula
Last week, Travis @SD_Mulies shared a photo on IG that I had of a hunter and his buddy on Palomar messing with my trail camera towards the end of the D16 rifle season. I have 7 photos in succession of these 2 individuals huddled around my cam, then one guy moves in closer to open the camera where you can see him reaching to open the cam then a whiteout/blocked photo. One of the same guys walks by a few days later solo, trying to walk around the cam, but looks directly at it.

I immediately noticed something was off when I checked my cam, the settings were changed from video to picture mode, and all of the data up until the moment these two showed up was deleted.

This Monday someone who knew the hunter reached out to both Travis and myself. Demanding the photo be taken down. This person made multiple fake Instagram profiles direct messaging me and commenting on the post stating things l“everyone should be ashamed” for saying negative things about the hunter in the photo that was initially messing with my camera. Travis eventually deleted the photo a day later to quell the negativity as it was a continuous back and fourth in the comments.

I get to my spot this morning (3 days later) and 2 of my cameras and a SD card are stolen. They were obviously targeted as there are 2 other visible cams in the same exact area on the same trail, that aren’t locked, that were not stolen (I’m talking within 15-20 feet of each other). They broke a damn tree in half to get my locked camera, when there were other unlocked cameras in the line of sight of where they were.C5280E75-D567-45CD-82C2-93F1209D3762.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Angry
Reactions: dirtriddr
I messaged these guys yesterday to give them the opportunity to either return or replace my stuff before I posted their pics.

Keep an eye out and sure your stuff is hidden if you see this guy or the group he’s with, or their white full sized truck parked at your spot. Especially if you hunt Palomar or North D16. The other guy in their group I didn’t get a pic of wears full badlands camo3B7DA53F-36C2-46A2-B5FF-0A20C164D48A.png2AA3AF99-5ABA-4FB5-A4F1-075583AE1C14.png

Last edited by a moderator:
That's why they are not poor, they steal people's shit and it doesn't cost them anything.

One of my cams was stolen on Laguna are just 1 week a go , was wireless cam so they can used also not have pics I deleted every week or less so they cant use the cam , all my cams have lock cable all have paswords and wireless can be used because have private account , is just peopple out there that didnt respect I hope karma back on him and kick hard this idiots.

Why are hunters doing this to other hunters?..I don't get it. Are they stealing the cams to use them themselves? Or are they mad others are using cams while they are not?.
This shit is so foul it needs to be deal with.
Can the cops do anything about it?

My guess is the other cams belong to them hence them not being stolen unless they stole them else where and are using them there, they more then likely set yours up in another area they hunt and are using them as well.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu