Tree stands

Papadeuce

Aug 27, 2018
Carlsbad
I don’t know the first thing about hunting from a tree stand but I have a spot for one this season. Based on the winds I’ve seen it should be doable.

What types are you guys using that you’d recommend? I don’t have a very long hike in to where mine would go but I’d prefer the thing not be too heavy, lol. Do you all leave them up all season? Lock them up somehow?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Last year I bought this 17’ ladder stand. I liked it. It was a cheap and light weight way to get a tree stand in at a spot that didn’t have a natural blind. Only issue with the single seat vs. double seat is with a single seat I had to hang my backpack off the side. My stand was stolen (ratchet straps and all) so consider that as a reason to go cheap (but safe) if it will be on public land.

https://www.sportsmans.com/hunting-...rior-dxt-treestand/p/1638348?channel=shopping

Reactions: Papadeuce
The last 3 year I've been hunting a Millennium monster 150. The most comfortable stand ive hunted in. No matter the weather. And im useing 4 Hawk Helium climbing sticks. About 21' up. And all that it takes to be safe.( Harness, lifeline, lineman's belt ,hall up line for your gear). Safety is all ways first. No cheap gear. When your life is at stake. Im very confident in my setup Anytime i hunt it. Do some research. There's alot of info out there. Some guys i know hunt a Saddle system... Lots to work with.... Thats my 2 cents

Reactions: Papadeuce
Ah good old Laguna, a stand every 30 yards lots of fellow hunters to keep you awake while in your stand.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu