Two really good days

KID CREOLE

Aug 29, 2014
Drove all night and made it to the field 20 mins before shoot time. Wind was really blowing hard, actually had to slow down a few times just before our field to let ducks fly past the front of my truck in the dark.

Hunted by myself Tuesday and the birds really cooperated, there are a few occasions when everything lines up perfectly and this was one of those morning. First 13 shots I had 10 birds down and a limy would be easy. I target adults as often as possible for many reason but the main reason is for bands.
I stopped short of a limit and for the next three hours I let thousands of geese fly over the blind, land in the decoys while looking for collars and bans, no such luck but I did get a nice white Eaglehead.

post-13-0-27497600-1419993893.jpg

The next day one of our buddies who lives in Sac was hunting with a buddy and his hardcore hunting GF couldn't go due to lack of room on a res card, so my blind partner and I invited Krystin to hunt with us and she did a great job

post-13-0-19995700-1420153043.jpg

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu