Typical Hunting Camo or Ghillie Suit?

Andy599

619-204-2325
Aug 26, 2012
La Mesa
I'm curious what people out there who hunt a lot, use most. Weather it be your typical real tree type long sleeve shirt and pants or a military digital camo. Then there is the Ghillie suit type of set up that's light weight. I want to hear pros and cons of both and why you think your set up works best.

Never used a Ghillie suite too much to get snagged on in the woods.

I use the Sitka line of clothing. Expensive but worth it in durability, fit and function.

MJB said:
Never used a Ghillie suite too much to get snagged on in the woods.

I use the Sitka line of clothing. Expensive but worth it in durability, fit and function.

Never say never. I have a buddy that uses thoses big leafy ghillie suits all the time when still or tree stand hunting. He's a pretty successful hunter too. They serve a purpose. If you were spot and stalk hunting, yes, they might get in the way.

I wouldn't get caught up in what type of camo is best. People have success wearing all types of camo. Some of it is expensive and some inexpensive. I'd be more concerned with movement and playing the wind to your favor.

Some people don't even where camo. Pretty sure Aeon falls into that category, but he sure does put some animals on the ground.

Dull colors that are similar to the terrain you are in (non contrasting ) and the awareness of what is around will get it done. camo is like fishing lures it catches more fisherman/hunters than the game they pursue. Best thing I can tell you is don't move when they are looking your way and when they aren't make careful and slow movements without noise or betrayal of the wind direction (don't let them smell you ). Personally when I hunt big game I wear Carharrt double front pants (sticker proof and tough ) and dull camo uppers and hat. Just my opinion....

Kill Suit from AllPredatorCalls.com http://www.allpredatorcalls.com/kill-suit-2/ It's a 3/4-length sort of ghillie suit...wide strips of light camo material. Very light, snaps up the front and doesn't snag at all like a true ghillie does. I love mine.

I only use ASAT Camo http://www.asatcamo.com/ I really enjoy the camo. I have the leafy suit also but I usually only use the top.

Attachments

• IMG_0187.JPG
    IMG_0187.JPG
    509.3 KB · Views: 72

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu