Ultralight Rear Shooting Bag

I have shot off it a little it does the trick. Come by my office and I will give you some foam. I am in spring valley.
I’ve got some foam golf balls that I don’t use, do you thing they’d be too big to put in a rear shooting bag? I guess I could cut them up if they are. I got a caldwell lead sled weight bag that I filled with airsoft bbs last week, but the foam would definitely be lighter.

I have a large Wiebad bag that comes in around 12 oz and can also double as a pillow. That might fit the bill of your looking for. I don’t remember the model but I think it was a lightweight tac.281AE956-ABFB-4CDC-B875-EC1819CEC0D0.jpeg6C0E0B9C-7579-4DEC-A0CB-6D66E8AF32F2.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: NBK and TRICER
so the “slime balls” came and stuffed the small rear bag. Not going to lie, it was a PITA because the opening on the bag was small. Almost took a knife to it with a plan to sow it back together.

I added some of the foam that comes in bullet containers to finish it out with a final weight of 1.3 oz. I’ll take it to the range today to test out.

5422D692-7614-46A2-A271-708409880966.jpeg5B273D4C-F5B5-428E-B0D3-D9BB954A1D89.jpeg

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu