Update on my wife

Stay positive. My thoughts go out to you guys. We are experiencing a very similar cancer battle in our household as well.

Reactions: Ahidog
Cindy was finally (2.5 months) approved for compassionate care use of repotrectinib (repo). This is a drug that is a second generation of her previous drug larotrectinib (laro) which completely stopped and we thought eliminated her cancer. Unfortunately, the cancer developed resistance to laro and has come back causing pain and nausea. So next week she will undergo scans and lab work in preparation for repo. The tough part will be stopping the laro for 4-5 days prior to starting the new drug. Daily as her dose time approaches she begins to feel cramping and pain, as such, she will likely have a brutal end of next week.

Please pray for the pain to be manageable, as most who have gone through these withdrawals describe it as excruciating, and that the new drug works.

Thank you.
Update the new drug has been on board for a week and no pain, better appetite, no nausea and more energy. I think your prayers worked thank you!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu