Vacuum sealers?

fordfan1

Sep 5, 2012
San Diego
With a 2 day fishing trip coming up and deer season around the corner I'm in the market for a nice vacuum sealer. But I'm not sure what a nice one is. I dont want to spend an arm and a leg but I also don't want to be disappointed after I buy it. I saw Cosco has a foodsaver brand vacuum sealer online for around $180. What do you guys use. Do you guys have more expensive ones and are they worth it, or do you think this food saver sealer would work. Thank you all for your input.

I have had the Foodsaver brand for several years, It works great with no issues since I've owned it. I don't think you can go wrong with it.

Peter.

We should split commercial one i burned up like three vacuum sealing fish deer Birds. The little sealer overheats if you have to do a crap load of stuff. I still have one if u need to use it

Owned a commercial Food Saver as well. Literally packed a ton of fish and over a half dozen elk with it. Wore it out. With that said, go with a commercial unit if you can afford it. In the long run, you will be more happy.

fordfan1 said:
With a 2 day fishing trip coming up and deer season around the corner I'm in the market for a nice vacuum sealer. But I'm not sure what a nice one is. I dont want to spend an arm and a leg but I also don't want to be disappointed after I buy it. I saw Cosco has a foodsaver brand vacuum sealer online for around $180. What do you guys use. Do you guys have more expensive ones and are they worth it, or do you think this food saver sealer would work. Thank you all for your input.
how about storage buddy? u have a big freezer? i can store some of that fish for u if u want :) :)

Thank you everyone for all your input!

Johnny- What kind did you burn up and how much do the commercial ones cost. Are you talking the $1000 ones? I doubt thats what your talking about.

Jose- I'm hopping to pick up one of those before the season starts too. And If you charge the same as SDB to store meat then forget about it :D :D

We burn up food savers yearly.
We do use it a lot so maybe that's why.
I ended up biting the bullet and bought a weston.
They are pretty expensive at around $400, but it should last a LONG time.

Thanks Jim. The westons are exactly what I was looking at when people started talking about the commercial ones. I think thats what I'm going with.

It's a lot of money up front but well worth it.
I've spent way more than that on food savers that keep burning up on me.

I have had two Foodsavers for many years. Both work fine. The auto-shutoff on the big one took a crap on me, but I just hold the vacuum button down until the air is gone and then just manually seal it. They are not for heavy-duty use though.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu