Veins, vanes, whatever, I’m an idiot

Papadeuce

Aug 27, 2018
Carlsbad
I’m really new to bows and had a question about arrow setup. Not worried about weight or foc or any of that. I’m worried about how freaking loud my arrows are even at 50 yards. I’ve got basic factory blazer veins on my arrows at the moment and I know they’re loud. What’s everyone else using for veins? Are there other things to consider when it comes to arrow noise? Thanks.

I was totally wrong about what this post was about... I use Blazer 3 fletch helical. If an animal reacts to any sound... it'll be the sound of your bow, before it hears the arrow. *vane Ed F

I was totally wrong about what this post was about... I use Blazer 3 fletch helical. If an animal reacts to any sound... it'll be the sound of your bow, before it hears the arrow. *vane Ed F
That was also something I was thinking about. The bow is certainly louder than the arrow. Just trying to get any advantage I can as a beginner!

Reactions: BOWUNTR
Vanetec Superspine, TAC Drivers. Both are great vanes and I use both. In 3 or 4 fletch, just depends on what you are trying to do....

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu