Venison Heart

Captaintb

Sep 13, 2011
Alpine, Ca
Kinda out of the ordinary but I wanted to start trying to eat some of the parts that I usually discard. Turned out pretty good.

Attachments

• IMG_3500.JPG
    IMG_3500.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3501.JPG
    IMG_3501.JPG
    554.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3503.JPG
    IMG_3503.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3504.JPG
    IMG_3504.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 8
Looks better than the time I tried to make that. Mine tasted like liver. I hear you need to soak it in buttermilk.

How was yours?

Pretty good, a touch on the rich side but that doesn't bother me.

Didn't soak it in buttermilk, just left it in the fridge for 4 days after I shot it, then off to the frying pan

Looks fantastic! Organs are rich in general but delicious non-the-less. I have a buddy that is nuts over deer heart! Thanks for sharing.

He has a fantastic liver pate' recipe that is to die for. I will post it next time I see him.

Wow........You see that Millbro, we'll have to bring the heart out next time! This food section is awesome NBK. Lots of new ideas to try out.

Flour and I threw in paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, coffee grounds, and a little season salt

Captaintb said:
Flour and I threw in paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, coffee grounds, and a little season salt

Awesome. Thanks. I'll be sure to try that out as soon as I fill a tag or one of my hunting partners does.........and they let me have the heart. That shouldn't be a problem though.

oh yea! heart is delicious! so is the liver and im a huge fan of the kidneys! but they have to be eaten that same day of kill. ;) great stuff capt! 8)

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu