Villa Del Palmar ( full report )

Aeon

just a dude who duck hunts
GOLD SITE SUPPORTER
Feb 16, 2011
Finally got home from Mexico and wow what a great trip. Flight down was simple, just two hours on a Alaska air turboprop. Loreto int airport is small but comfy. I think they even had the AC on. Zipped through customs and on the shuttle to the Hotel. If you are going to come here GET THE SHUTTLE! its like 80 bucks to ride a taxi from the airport so do not go that route. We had a couple other guests with us and one was a cool dude named Vince. Turns out Vince and i had friends in common ( small world ) and he was fishing alone the following day. I had planned on hitting the bar and the harbor to see if i could be a boat ho but now i had a ride.

The Hotel grounds are impressive. Tucked away in a small bay along the Sea Of Cortez. We got situated and gear moved up to our room and it was time to relax.

The food here is nothing short of spectacular! Not only did they have traditional Mexican cuisine they also had food from around the world. my favorite thing the "loreto clams" I must have had 300 of them over the week. lol

So bright and early the next day It was off to Loreto harbor on the Hotel shuttle. We had a ride with Manuel Torres. We took off out of the harbor into the HOT Loreto morning and ran to the island just offshore. Had our first hookup with in 10 min. The whole day would be a constant pick on the dodo's. Slow Troll the Sardinas and wham you could see the dorado hit the bait and zip off. The capt used great care in handling the fish. getting them on ice right away and keeping the meat in perfect condition.

So here is what i think is the best part of the trip. My friend David (i honestly felt that way about some of the staff) had told me to bring the fish to him and they would prepare it for us. Not only did they prepair it but they created amazing dishes! At dinner time David and one of the chefs came out with Ceviche. Here is David on the left

Then out came the main course prepaird by Chef Yafet it was nothing short of spectacular.

Day Two of fishing was tough! We fished with Manuals brother luis today as Manuel had already been booked by another group. It was HOT and the air was not moving. We fished our way south for a couple of jacks and needle fish. Not exactly what we wanted. Around 1pm you could almost taste the epic fail setting in. Capt Torres wanted to try one more place and what do you know we found them and it was game on. We boxed a small area just a couple hundred yards off shore and they ate every bit of bait we had. They were small but that seems to be the norm this year.

after fishing we had them make a huge dish of Ceviche for a bunch of us.

So i did not take a ton of pics on this trip. I really just wanted time away from work and to eat and drink my self into contentment. I wish i had as i would have like to said thanks to a couple other people and show some of the other amenities but you can get that off their website.

Thanks again to Cesar and David at the restaurant and Jorge down at the beach side bar. They all treated us like family the whole time. I can not say enough about them it really was impressive.

http://www.villadelpalmarloreto.com/

http://www.fishloreto.com

ps. they are still working on the golf course but it looked to be coming along quite well.

looks amazing and the price looks really good on the web site you gave. did you need to bring your own tackle? bait? do they have tackle for rent?

thanks for the great post

Thanks for sharing Bill. Baja is nothing short of spectacular.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu