Vortex Binoculars

Juan

Jul 10, 2017
Hello, I am in the process of buying some binoculars, looking into the vortex brand. Undecided which to get 10 x 42, 10 x 50 or 12 x 50.

Thanks.

Reactions: stikbrandon

Attachments

• A50B9D63-587C-4C9D-A31E-826DB1DE3742.jpeg
    A50B9D63-587C-4C9D-A31E-826DB1DE3742.jpeg
    516.7 KB · Views: 26
Reactions: Juan
Anything over 10x I have to have on a tripod. Too shaky.. Something to think about. I have 10's in my bino harness and 15's for the tripod. 15's are a real game changer.

Reactions: NBK and Juan
How do you like them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love them.

I can bare hand them for short periods of time and to be honest if I’m doing anytype of glassing I’m on my tripod anyways so the the more power the better I’m my opinion

If they are your only nickers go with 10x42 or even 8x42. Don’t buy 15s unless you already have a pair of 8s or 10s. Right now I run 10s on the harness and 15s on the tripod.
Eventually I am going to buy some swaro 8s. And not use the 10s anymore.

This will be my first pair, so my budget is around 250. So thinking about going with the crossfire.

Reactions: TRICER

When I bought my first pair of "real" binos (paid like $280 back then) I went with the Vortex Diamondback 10x50, before them I had Big 5 "humvee" binos. It was "like night and day" as they say... they are still my go-to binos on the chest harness, they take a beating and still perform. Good Luck... let us know what you decided on, it'll be cool to get a review back.

Reactions: JosueMoney and Juan

When I bought my first pair of "real" binos (paid like $280 back then) I went with the Vortex Diamondback 10x50, before them I had Big 5 "humvee" binos. It was "like night and day" as they say... they are still my go-to binos on the chest harness, they take a beating and still perform. Good Luck... let us know what you decided on, it'll be cool to get a review back.

Thanks for the feedback! I will let you know what I decide. Good luck this year.

I would get the 10x50's over the 10x42's because they will provided a better picture in low light conditions. later add some 15x56's with a tripod to the arsenal. The 15's are a game changer, especially out in our area.

If the places you regularly hunt in are thicker, where you can't see all that far anyway, seriously consider the 8s.

8s are easier to hand-hold especially when you're huffin and puffin up the trail and think you saw something and want to check real quick.

Whichever way you go 8s or 10s. Immediately start saving up for some 15x 56's after that! (And of course a tripod and head to go with it). I just recently added 15 x 56 Vultures to my gear, and they are soo bleeping cool! Either way 8s, 10s, 15s the Tripod is the magical part of the equation that allows things to jump-out at your eyes.

If they are your only nickers go with 10x42 or even 8x42. Don’t buy 15s unless you already have a pair of 8s or 10s. Right now I run 10s on the harness and 15s on the tripod.
Eventually I am going to buy some swaro 8s. And not use the 10s anymore.

I would go with 10s I’ve had mine for around 15 years and love them

Reactions: ilovesprig

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu