Vortex or Leupold

Leopold glass on any scope they sell is not better than amg glass. Lots of good glass being made right now and L is making good scopes.

I respect the whole long range thing big time and maybe someday I will partake of it , But it takes a lot of time and dedication as well as money to compete in that arena effectively. I watched a couple of elk killed at over 650 a few years ago. Was I impressed ? Yes absolutely but I felt like it was something I did not need or wanted to do, because I felt I could make a mistake that would result in a lost animal. Every year I draw a tag I just want to shoot an elk or deer and have a good time without spending an hour on app's figuring out where to send a bullet or question my abilities with a rifle . Cheer's to all of you that desire to do so but it's just not on my calendar personally. As I stated earlier a 257 Weatherby that is flat out to four hundred with a 120 will get it done for me and it is my next goal. Leupold makes great glass and has done so for longer than most of us have been alive. You will never go wrong with their product when you pick accordingly to how you are trying to hunt. bottom line for me in this forum is keep it where it make's you happy

I own both vortex and leupold... I honestly prefer American made but that’s more personal than technical. I shoot a 7mag with a vx 3i with theleupold cds...I was skeptical at first but after NBK set me up, while hunting at Tejon last year I ranged a metal gong at 600, put my rifle on my pack and dialed that cds to 6. 1st shoot hand that gong singing...for what I’m doing 600 is 200 more than I need so that scope will never leave that gun!!!

Reactions: Morgan1776

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu