Want to start Bow hunting

If you want the royal treatment just call the Lakeside Bow and Arrow Shop(619-443-5488) and make an oppointment with Bruce. Let him know the guys from the site recommended him. And Let him know your making a long drive to get there and you need to make the most of your time down there. You will be glad you did.

Invisible man said:
If you want the royal treatment just call the Lakeside Bow and Arrow Shop(619-443-5488) and make an oppointment with Bruce. Let him know the guys from the site recommended him. And Let him know your making a long drive to get there and you need to make the most of your time down there. You will be glad you did.
Definately go to the bow and arrow shop if you got time i got my first bow there a month ago the guys there are really helpful and know what there talking about also shoot a bow before you buy it dont buy it online i promise you it will be a hassel if you do

Coming from someone who just bought a bow in January:

I bought the PSE stinger package from huntersfriend because it came with the case and the broadheads for a little less than the Bow n Arrow shop which doesnt include either of them. If you go to Bow and Arrow shop youll pay a little more, but the quality of the sights, the rest, and the release will be better. You wont need to replace any of it for a while and the money you would spend on upgrading could go to a case and broadheads. They will also help you figure out a good draw weight and draw length set-up you will need. They will also teach you some shooting form techniques (most important thing in my opinion!!) before you buy. If I was to do it over again I would buy from them LESSON LEARNED........ Another note, you can try several of the bows there and see which one is the most comfortable for you.

Also you would be supporting a small local business and could make a few new hunting friends in the process.

Sounds like a good plan.
Go take some lessons to get the right feel. Form is the most important item in bow hunting to master. Bad habits are easy to get into and hard to get out of your system. All the shops have someone to give a private lesson or even a group lesson. I would do a private lesson once you get your bow to enhance the new bow thing. But a group lesson before you buy is helpfull in understanding the basics and get the feel when it's right.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu