Wanted Ocean Trolling Setup

TRICER

Dec 20, 2014
tricerusa.com
Well me and the boys have a little boat now and we can’t stop fishing. I am looking to pick up a few trolling rods. Let me know if you have any you want to sell. Also interested in other saltwater poles. I will pay cash money or if you are interested a case of 12ga dove loads.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Setup for what? If you are after swordfish I can recommend big Rapalas (green and purple) on the west end of Catalina.

Setup for what? If you are after swordfish I can recommend big Rapalas (green and purple) on the west end of Catalina.
If you haven’t already, check the classifieds on Bloody Decks.com. I’ve bought and sold stuff there. It’s a very active board with new listings every day. If you see something you want jump on it because good stuff goes fast on that site.

Are you thinking of another fish? Most broadbill there are harpooned, the rest are usually sleepers (poopers actually) or feeders caught on mackerel.

I am looking to troll La Jolla and point la for YT. I will be trolling Rapala X-Rap and Cedar plugs mostly. The boat is only 16’ so we won’t be going to far.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
I had a 18 ft cutty outboard. Happy times. Really enjoyed it. But in those days all we had were 110 film cameras. To busy having fun. To take pics. I picked most of my gear at the swap meets. Pen 500 and pen trolling reels. My favorite trolling rigs were feathers with different colors. Green and yellow. And purple worked the best for tuna. Best areas were 180 and 270, ten Mile bank.

Reactions: TRICER
Sold my boat a few years ago, and still have all my gear. Have maybe 3-4 rods/reels in the size your looking for. If you're looking to go after shark, the big blue or yellowfin I've got a Tiagra 50W two speed on an OC Roller Rod; 1000+ yds spectra and 30 ft leader. Serviced by Ken's in Oside. Probably only used once since the last time it was serviced; it's just dusty now from sitting. Can take some pics if you're interested in any of it.

Reactions: TRICER
Sold my boat a few years ago, and still have all my gear. Have maybe 3-4 rods/reels in the size your looking for. If you're looking to go after shark, the big blue or yellowfin I've got a Tiagra 50W two speed on an OC Roller Rod; 1000+ yds spectra and 30 ft leader. Serviced by Ken's in Oside. Probably only used once since the last time it was serviced; it's just dusty now from sitting. Can take some pics if you're interested in any of it.
I will pm you my number if you want to send me some pics and prices.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu