Weekend pig hunt

TRICER

Dec 20, 2014
tricerusa.com
well I just got home from a Northern California pig hunt. It was a DIY ranch I worked my tail off and came home empty handed. I have been on a few guided hunts and this ranch had more sign then all of them but with the freak heat wave I think it put the pigs on nocturnal mode. I knew it would be a tough hunt especially since I was archery up until last day but it was what I wanted. By getting to diy it was more of spot and stock deer style hunt rather then a drive around get out and shoot them deal. I enjoyed myself and will probably go back in a year. A DIY pig is on my list. Don't get me wrong I like the guided deals and trucks cover a lot more ground, but there is something about puting miles on ridges, bush waking, playing the wind and glassing that can't be beat.

There were some large goblers on the ranch and I glassed up a ton of deer. But pig was the focus this time and this time the pigs won. Still can't wait to try my ultimate predator decoy maybe next time. I am keeping the ranch name top secret I don't want to get the place over hunted pretty cool spot but defiantly not big enough to sustain a ton of pressure.

.IMG_1222.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: xjon and Brian1183
Sorry you didn't get one Drew. But it sounds like a fun weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok next year I'm coming! I don't need a name just let me know how much to bring....please!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good on you, that is definitely a hard hunt. I catch a lot of hogs and a spot and stalk archery hunt during the day on foot is super tough probably the hardest way to hunt them. Hopefully you get one next time.

But a day out in God's country aint too bad either. Good luck next time.

Reactions: TRICER and Bugsy71

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu