Went out on an "evening" deer hunt yesterday

NBK

Trying to be the man my dog thinks I am.
GOLD SITE SUPPORTER
Mar 8, 2011
San Diego, Ca.
Started walking up the mountain (I call it the mountain from hell) at about 1:20 PM and the temp was around 90 degrees. It took close to three hours to get to the top. As soon as we arrive on top of the world we bumped the most beautiful coyote you have ever seen. He would have looked dandy in my living room. ;)

We we worked some areas where there has been a big buck hanging out (as early as yesterday morning). We found the does he was with but no buck. We looked until dark but could not find him. Lungpopper did find his last year shed though. That was kind of cool!

Now the fun part. Descending on the the other side of the hill. Getting off of the mountain from hell at night is what I call an adventure. By the time we arrive back to the truck - I was mentally and physically exhausted. The hunt was worth every minute but my butt was kicked for sure.

Looks like we will just have to go back up there again and again until we find this guy. He is becoming more of a trophy every day that passes.

Attachments

• 20121104_135005.jpg
    20121104_135005.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 15
Hey what kind of pack is that on LP? And does it come with that rifle butt bag? That's a pretty slick way to carry.

I had a similar experience of climbing a hell of a mountain but i was not rewarded with see any game. Just got to keep after them.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu