Went out

longbowhunter2

Oct 16, 2013
on the mountain
I went out for couple hours. Called in one coyote.
With my home made mouth caller. Simple easy
Shot , I swear I knocked him down but I must of missed.
Magic F#$##@# coyote.
No blood on the ground.
Checked the surrounding
Area, no blood, no sign.
Poof disappeared.
So I must cleaned missed.
223 round

At least you got out lee, congrats on seeing a yote and pulling trigger. I’ve had a similar yote hunt before, just about vanished into a salt cedar tree.

I had to entertain family from Friday till Christmas Day and nurse a stubbed toe... New Years no family is invited, it’s my turn to hunt

Reactions: longbowhunter2
At least you got out lee, congrats on seeing a yote and pulling trigger. I’ve had a similar yote hunt before, just about vanished into a salt cedar tree.

I had to entertain family from Friday till Christmas Day and nurse a stubbed toe... New Years no family is invited, it’s my turn to hunt
Yes I was able to escape for few hours.
Guest were arriving late.
Learned a trick on line I make calls from simple wood dowel. Cut 3-4 inches long, Split in half , carve out the center. Driffrent space between the split half's will give different results. So trial and error. Make few. Use a simple rubber band , stretch it so it will vibrate. Tie the the two half's together. Thus mouth call.
It can be quail call or rabbit distress call.
Not to many calls they sell I like.
I do have fawn and rabbit distress
Calls.

Last edited:
Well, at least yours would *seem* to be a clean miss. Though it sucks, ethically it's better than a hit that you didn't recover.

Reactions: longbowhunter2

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu