What AR Trigger replacement do you like for Hunting?

TheGDog

Nov 28, 2018
XX
Looking for recommendations on what to save up for on a Trigger replacement for my BushMaster (5.56). The trigger it comes with has way too heavy of a trigger pull.

Looking for light, with a very short throw.

Initially researching - Sounds like a Geissele SSA-E might be just what I'm looking for. But figured I'd ask around in here, and get input from those of you who routinely use an AR as a hunting rig.

Plan is to eventually try using the carbine while predator calling.

Last edited:
I have an SSA and like that. I would say that you used to be able to score deals on them from PSA pretty routinely but yeah I think that time has passed.

Reactions: TheGDog
When all is said and done, I'd like it to feel as nice as my Savage AccuTrigger on the .308 Bolt gun. At least in terms of the break. And the light poundage.

So...by "lock-time" do we mean that from the moment of activation/break, until it actually fires.... that duration is shorter/less thus less time elapsed for your bio-mechanical movements to disrupt and waggle the barrel off aim in-between?

Reactions: NBK
Ooooh!.. @NBK This right here has VERY much piqued my Interest! ..."The shoe feels real similar to a 1911 curved trigger, little wider. Actually, the whole thing feels like a good 1911 trigger ".

I loves me some 1911 trigger.

Shorter question
Kindly define lock time?

Trigger lock time in a gun is usually defined as the time from when the sear breaks to when the firing pin (or striker) hits the primer. It is the time that the "lock" (which is the firing mechanism in a gun) takes from being tripped to causing the gun to fire.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Trigger lock time in a gun is usually defined as the time from when the sear breaks to when the firing pin (or striker) hits the primer. It is the time that the "lock" (which is the firing mechanism in a gun) takes from being tripped to causing the gun to fire.
Properly explained and very important regardless of the firearm being used short or long...

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu