What do you guys pack for snacks/lunch when hunting?

Depends on whether or not I ate breakfast, First off I can't stand cliff bars, I will make a PB&J or two, there great wadded up or intact, and a granola bar or two. Depending on the pack I am packing, if my butt pack I go light just the essentials if I'm using my Back pack(Camelbak "Stryker) I may throw in a piece of fruit too, I almost always take a Snickers or two. Course everything depends on how long I'm planning to stay out.

CMPeterson said:
If I could figure out how to do it I would pack a double double with no lettuce :)

Yes sir! I go 3x3 same style!

Water, engery bars, beef jerky, I like to smoke a bunch of fish freeze it and stick it in my pack. It's thawed when I get to where I'm going. Candy. Lung popper makes a mean mt dinner.

Sdbirds said:
Water, engery bars, beef jerky, I like to smoke a bunch of fish freeze it and stick it in my pack. It's thawed when I get to where I'm going. Candy. Lung popper makes a mean mt dinner.
thats why your pack is 20lbs heavier than mine during season lol

I always keep a MRE in my pack just in cause you never know and I pack snacks for the day. ( power bars, beef jerky, maybe a sandwich or two )

I start my morning off with a 52 oz mnt dew from ampm and a king size Ressies crunch bar........

Breakfast of champs!

brice s said:
Sdbirds said:
thats why your pack is 20lbs heavier than mine during season lol

Lol

stikbrandon said:
I start my morning off with a 52 oz mnt dew from ampm and a king size Ressies crunch bar........

Breakfast of champs!

That was mine when I had dreds

stikbrandon said:

Breakfast of champs!
[
/quote]

LOL... I used to do that,but nowadays by noon I would short out and get the jitters Baaaad...

Sdbirds said:
stikbrandon said:

Breakfast of champs!

That was mine when I had dreds

Hahahaha! Stik, stop smoking dem greenz bruh!

Fruit cake, mixed nuts with some salt in them, and/or trail mix. Jerky is light to carry and has low sugar content. Too much sugar and you'll bonk after a couple of hours. So look for something with low carbs in it. Fat and protein both give a smoother and more durable energy curve after a meal.

Sent via Tapatalk

Hey how bout a Ressie's Mc Flurry from McDonald's????

On a real note, I pack a penutbutter jelly sandwich for the hike down for the carbs, and two turkey Swiss cheese sandwiches with lettis and all the condiments :) trail mix and water , and a emergency MRE for if something happen's.

I'll tell u what if you broke your legs and were trapped you could spread a MRE out ove 2 days no problem. A hungry body will play a big roll in "should I go to that next ridge".

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu