What if new Assault Weapon Ban happens

wheels

Mar 1, 2011
East County, Ca
sdcvc.com
So this is my question to anyone that can help shed some light on this potential ban.

For all of the people that have recently purchased AR 15 or these style of rifles how will it change things for us if they Ban them?

1. If a new ban comes out does this mean you won't be able to use these gun?

If they ban them I understand you won't be able to purchase these style rifles anymore. My thought is I just don't like having guns sitting around. I use each and every rifle I own.

I'm pretty sure you would be grandfathered in. But then again, since you would have registered it, they'll know you have it. And if they do what the Nazi's did, they used gun registration as the means to track down the weapons they wanted. Those that were deemed "unreliable".

But to answer your question as whether or not you can "use" it along with possessing it........I don't know....

josec....you are the smiley king ;)

right now its all FUD. The liberals we elected have a super majority and can pretty much rail road what they want down our throat. A full Ban with no compensation is possible. That would be challenged in court and president has been set so that is one of the only saving graces that a gun buy back program will cost the state money. Yee is going after the bullet button again so expect that battle soon. We are in for some sticky black mud

There is no list or record of long guns, The state does not know you have AR15's or any other long gun at this point. ( with exception to the original AWB registered guns )

I am hearing that BIG 5 is no longer selling evil guns and even mini14's This makes my heart sad and pisses me off big time.

All gun owners should be NRA members and send something to Calguns, Calguns is fighting for our life here in calif

Aeon said:
right now its all FUD. The liberals we elected have a super majority and can pretty much rail road what they want down our throat. A full Ban with no compensation is possible. That would be challenged in court and president has been set so that is one of the only saving graces that a gun buy back program will cost the state money. Yee is going after the bullet button again so expect that battle soon. We are in for some sticky black mud

There is no list or record of long guns, The state does not know you have AR15's or any other long gun at this point. ( with exception to the original AWB registered guns )

So the LOWER of an AR type rifle is technically the gun, would manufacturers still be able to sell uppers and the such. Wondering if I should go snag a lower in the meantime....

I am hearing that BIG 5 is no longer selling evil guns and even mini14's This makes my heart sad and pisses me off big time.

All gun owners should be NRA members and send something to Calguns, Calguns is fighting for our life here in calif

Interesting facts I got in e-mail....Cant speak for the validity of them, but I feel it is legit.

Attachments

• 60700_542764505752036_868978157_n.jpg
    60700_542764505752036_868978157_n.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 59
    39.4 KB · Views: 61
    39.4 KB · Views: 61
Breacher said:
But then again, since you would have registered it, they'll know you have it.

Long guns are not registered and they don't currently know what you have. When you DROS a long gun it is just that. They recognize you as having purchased a long gun but make model and serial number are not recorded in the DROS system. As of January 1st, 2012 that all changes.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu