Who's ready for D16

longbowhunter2

Oct 16, 2013
on the mountain
I am not ready but I going to give it my best shot. Gout is improving.
Walking. I got three weeks to get them in shape.
In the past in my Early years. I had a spot that had low hunter pressure.
So during the rut the young bucks would run with the does. It took time but eventually I catch them walking the trail with the does. Then bang.
Well what has changed for at the present is this.
Public land, very intense hunting pressure. And the bucks are not cooperating. LOL. What the F.
Believe it or not finding does in public land is tough.
#1) newbie mistake chase the deer. Busting the does.
If all Hunter's quit chasing the deer. All would be good. :)
Right it will never happen.

So times has change and we have to change. Let's face it southern California public land deer hunting is high pressure. Look at the success rate it is 6% at best.
D16 for example, is a qouta of 3000 tags. So approximately 300 hunters Will succeed. Ouch.
That is the hard facts.
All we can do is our best.
With a little luck and skill.
Venison in the freezer.
Like I said I will give it my best shot. If i strike out. It is still a win, win, getting out, in the fresh air. The beauty of the wilderness.
How can I lose.
My favorite time is fall and winter.
Coolness of the air. Every thing is usually green from rain. What's not to like.
27 of October here I come.
Longbowhunter2MFDC0348.JPGMFDC0348.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: msailor

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu