Wild Sheep Foundation <1 Club

Zak

Mar 30, 2019
I was researching some conservation groups and came across the WSF <1 Club for "aspiring sheep hunters who have not yet taken a North American or international wild sheep ram." Looks like there's an annual drawing for a sheep hunt every Jan. 15. Seems like another opportunity to enter a sheep drawing at a minimal cost or am I missing something?

Annual membership in the <1 Club is only $25. New <1 Club Members receive a <1 Club T-shirt, club decal and one (1) entry into the annual sheep hunts and gear package drawing. Renewing <1 Club Members receive an entry into the annual drawing. ONE ENTRY PER MEMBER ONLY!

Last edited:
Definitely is another way to get on a sheep draw. I was just talking to a friend in the hunting industry this week and he won the hunting fool Mexico bighorn sheep hunt. $50 raffle ticket and now he is going on a $60k hunt of a lifetime. Moral of the story you have to pay to play and someone is going to win. I am a member.

Last edited:
I was fortunate to help a friend with an AZ sheep tag in 2010. He was and is in his senior years (73 at the time of the hunt). He hired a guide/outfitter which is a no brainer if you get a sheep tag because judging is difficult when trying for a trophy if you din't know them. Bottom line it took four days and he shot a Boone and Crockett book ram thirty minutes from town. After spending five days with the guide I came away unimpressed with sheep by the guides doing. From what he showed us and how we got on them multiple times he impresssed upon me that they are not very smart (hence the small population left at this point in time). Everyone wanting to collect a sample of all species available in north America should put in and if you want the ultimate physical mountain challenge in the northern part of America ( Canada and Alaska) should try but from what I saw Desert sheep are not that hard. International sheep hunting is a rich mans game and to me is impressive by the fact that folks are willing to put themselves through so many trials and tribulations to harvest an animal. $50 bucks to shoot a Mexico sheep works but 60k for a mexico sheep does not make sense to me.

Definitely is another way to get on a sheep draw. I was just talking to a friend in the hunting industry this week and he won the hunting fool Mexico bighorn sheep hunt. $50 raffle ticket and now he is going on a $60k hunt of a lifetime. Moral of the story you have to pay to play and someone is going to win. I am a member.
I just signed up, I also registered for virtual Sheep Week for another shot. Not sure what the math is but I figure if I religiously enter draws for the next 50 years my chances are good

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu