Winchester M70 EW

Mako

Oct 24, 2020
Anyone have a Winchester model 70 extreme weather? I’m looking for a lightweight hunting rifle after having gone out with my Bergara B-14 Ridge this season. Bugger weighs ~11 lbs fully set up. I had been looking at getting a Tikka T3x lite or superlite, and then the M70 EW caught my eye; weighs the same as the M70 Featherweight, and all set up with my scope and lightweight mounts/rings, should come in at ~8.5 lbs. that’s not bad. I want to say it’s only about 1/4 lbs. heavier than the T3x lite would be.
Anyone own one of these and use it as a mountain rifle? How do you like it and how does it handle?

Anyone have a Winchester model 70 extreme weather? I’m looking for a lightweight hunting rifle after having gone out with my Bergara B-14 Ridge this season. Bugger weighs ~11 lbs fully set up. I had been looking at getting a Tikka T3x lite or superlite, and then the M70 EW caught my eye; weighs the same as the M70 Featherweight, and all set up with my scope and lightweight mounts/rings, should come in at ~8.5 lbs. that’s not bad. I want to say it’s only about 1/4 lbs. heavier than the T3x lite would be.
Anyone own one of these and use it as a mountain rifle? How do you like it and how does it handle?

I just bought a T3x lite and I love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just bought a T3x lite and I love it

Did you handle a Superlite as well by any chance? I handled both not long ago and in the hand they felt almost the same, so I wasn't to sure the flutes on the Superlite would be worth it.

Did you handle a Superlite as well by any chance? I handled both not long ago and in the hand they felt almost the same, so I wasn't to sure the flutes on the Superlite would be worth it.

I got a pretty sweet deal on the lite so I just jumped on it.

I bought the Tikka and love the rifle. It’s light and shot a MOA group out of the box.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu