Winter is around the corner, In need of a good jacket??

coyotekid87

Aug 16, 2014
D11
Ok so I know it is hot as hell outside, but one can never be too prepared. Especially with winter around the corner. On my way up to my cabin in Big Bear last winter, I stopped in BassPro in Rancho and picked up the "Redhead C.W.S. (Cold Weather System) Parka for $189.99. This is one hell of a good jacket. It has Redheads famous "Bone Dry" system that works extremely well and they don't lie when they say Bone Dry. It is very warm, and if it gets too hot you can zip out and just wear the water proof outer layer, or the inner insulated layer. Both are camo. I took this thing on a 5 mile hike in the snow when it was about 42 degrees outside and I was really warm, and really dry! It has YKK zippers with water proof seams and a really nice suede exterior on the shell lined with polyester so it is pretty quiet. You can even take the insulated layer out, and wear the outer layer with a hoodie underneath instead for those rainy days when it isn't super cold. The hood is also removable and compatible with both layers. I highly recommend this jacket. That being said, if you are looking for a great heavy duty Jacket, it is on sale at BassPro right now for $126.97!!!!!!! Holy crap I wish I would have waited, you save $65!! And you get FREE shipping with orders of $99 or more. Consider it guys. Anyone else that already has a jacket of a different brand, put your recommendations in this thread. Lets keep this thread about jackets for this upcoming winter!

Great info. Thanks Coyote. I have an army surplus digital camo shell (jacket and pants) that keep me dry but not warm. I've been thinking of upgrading. Is the redhead jacket quiet? My army stuff is noisy.

its a pretty great jacket, I think I might take some pics and post them here when I get some time later, or I might throw the link in here for you guys to check out.

Ok guys, here is the link for the jacket. Like I said, you really can't go wrong. Just please blow this thread up!! I want other peoples input on good cold weather jackets!! Come on guys! Make this a good read, post stuff!!

http://www.basspro.com/RedHead-BONEDRY-CWS-Jacket-for-Men/product/13030705563840/

BY THE WAY, WHOEVER "YOTE87" IS ON THE REVIEW SECTION FOR THIS JACKET, IT IS NOT ME. EVEN THOU I DO INFACT RESIDE IN CASTAIC CA 8)

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu