WTB or Rent Coyote Caller for 9/18

JakeSCH

Oct 16, 2017
Anyone have a coyote caller that I could buy or rent off of them for tomorrow. Buddy is living on a couple thousand acres just outside of Ramona and they have a coyote problem.

Reactions: TRICER
Anyone have a coyote caller that I could buy or rent off of them for tomorrow. Buddy is living on a couple thousand acres just outside of Ramona and they have a coyote problem.
Swing by and grab mine tonight. I am not planning on using it for a while.

Reactions: JakeSCH
Ive got the simple Foxpro Deadbone caller if you need to borrow it. Dont have a decoy for it, just the caller and remote.

Swing by and grab mine tonight. I am not planning on using it for a while.

Thanks Drew, I'll text you in a bit. Never shot a coyote before, but figured it was a great reason to practice shooting off the GTP-RS and some long range before my elk hunt. Do you think 300 WM is enough to take on a yote? ;)

Reactions: TRICER
The year one pups are hunting now and will respond to animal distress sounds. The parents will respond to challenge / wounded ki-yi combinations. Killing the Alpha will usually fix coyote problems.

Thanks Drew, I'll text you in a bit. Never shot a coyote before, but figured it was a great reason to practice shooting off the GTP-RS and some long range before my elk hunt. Do you think 300 WM is enough to take on a yote? ;)
That will kill them. I will give you some 12ga coyote rounds also. If they are untrained on private they will be coming hard.

Isn't it time for a report and some photos of dead yotes?

We ended up shooting at the range much longer than initially planned and didn't see any yotes. Mostly because I entered in the data wrong for my sig2400abs, but finally got it squared away.

Overall happy with my elk setup though, because if a bull elk gets within 600 yards he will be done.

Reactions: SurfNHuntSD

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu