Wyoming antelope opener

Ocurtis

Dec 28, 2016
San Diego
I had no intention to hunt the opener (last Thursday) but I happened to be in salt lake, so made a 3pm decision to drive over and see if I could smack a doe in the last 2 hours of daylight! I brought nothing with me so my brother drove over with his 300 win mag, and an orange hat. Found one with about 45 minutes left, did the mile stalk, and set up for a 470 yard shot. She finally turned broadside, took my shot and lobbed it over her back! Last opportunity I gotta, but it was a lot better than sitting in a hotel room Thursday night!

Going back in a couple mo this with three tags in hand!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had no intention to hunt the opener (last Thursday) but I happened to be in salt lake, so made a 3pm decision to drive over and see if I could smack a doe in the last 2 hours of daylight! I brought nothing with me so my brother drove over with his 300 win mag, and an orange hat. Found one with about 45 minutes left, did the mile stalk, and set up for a 470 yard shot. She finally turned broadside, took my shot and lobbed it over her back! Last opportunity I gotta, but it was a lot better than sitting in a hotel room Thursday night!

Going back in a couple mo this with three tags in hand!

LOL dude way to get out there.
At least you saw one, had a shot.
Right on.

Awesome! I didnt know you can rifle hunt them this early.

I finally got around to working on my euro from last years pronghorn. I figured I should do it before I shoot another one soon.

I have a couple more steps before I finish.20190818_144446.jpg20190818_162426.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ilovesprig
Way to take advantage of an opportunity! What unit are you in?

I have two doe tags I need to fill in zone 32, just south of Casper. Planning to make the trip in october and I’m looking forward to a fun hunt. Gonna bring the bow and a rifle.

I have two doe tags I need to fill in zone 32, just south of Casper. Planning to make the trip in october and I’m looking forward to a fun hunt. Gonna bring the bow and a rifle.

Nice! I got two doe tags to fill in 32 as well. Plan is to be out there the first week of October. Can't wait.

Nice! I got two doe tags to fill in 32 as well. Plan is to be out there the first week of October. Can't wait.

Right on, I will be out there the 10th-13th of October. I might have to reach out and get a report from you after you go

Awesome! I’m under strict orders not to share my unit so I’ll refrain. Look forward to your successful post!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu