0 More days until Dove season

Re: 8 More days until Dove season

8 more days left - rain of shine!

No rain up here! Good luck on the opener boys (and ladies)! Shoot straight!

Just got back from Yuma AZ and will say that the storm they had down there yesterday was crazy! There were power poles blown down and roofs shredded in a few neighborhood's. Birds were gone in all my old hunting spots and that's what I expected as a result of the storm. I guess thunderstorms are in the forecast for today threw Sunday !

So does the first person to post a picture of him or herself with a full limit to the site win braggin' rights? Gentleman rules apply. No using your buddies birds here fellas!

It's going to be a good season no matter what the rain gods bring... 38 years of living done here probably hunted 30 yrs and the dove always seem to show up after the rains... A plus is that we have them darn euros that will be in full force.. Just find a spot near city limits and the euros will come... A lil' mud on the tires only adds to the good memories that dove hunting brings in the valley... Oh yeah, please pick up after yourselves I hate to see shell cartridges and enough feathers to fill a crap load of pillows..

I will say that my truck has Lot's'O'mud on them from that trip down there.......I will have NBK clean my truck for me HA HA :)

SoCalRebelHunter said:
So does the first person to post a picture of him or herself with a full limit to the site win braggin' rights? Gentleman rules apply. No using your buddies birds here fellas!

That lets me out I mostly shoot Euros takes a long time to limit at my spots
If 10 of those count should easily be done by this time next week.

Re: 6 More days until Dove season

i am sure the light rain will not wreck things next weekend :)
2013-08-25132746_zps5e099b0f.png

Just got back from the valley...4wd required, mud everywhere. The east end of the valley was especially bad, junction at 78 and 115 under water!

Well at least the quail will have lots to eat real soon.

Hope you didn't get stuck!

Just received a report from "JustmyGame" and he said the river is still awesome!

Re: 5 More days until Dove season

5 days and counting...so much to do and so little time.

so much to do?
beer -check
ammo - check
gun - check

oh wait this year you better bring a boat to get to the hunting areas since it will be under a foot of water :)

Let me see?

Finish polishing trailer...
Wash and condition trailer roof for the season
Grease wheel bearings on trailer
Load trailer with clean linens, food and gear
Oil change in truck
Alternator change in truck

Then -
beer -check
ammo - check
gun - check.

OK, now were good! ;)

Bill are you giving rides on the airboat to get hunters to their spots? If so I'm in!!!

Hell you may be the only one to tow people out of the mud!

1k $ a tow if i have to drag the sled out to save you guys

Finish polishing trailer... pointless its going to rain and mud will get on everything
Wash and condition trailer roof for the season see above
Grease wheel bearings on trailer just use mud to pack bearings its the only thing more slippery than grease
Load trailer with clean linens, food and gear who needs clean things and food when you have beer
Oil change in truck Truck will just get stuck and then picked apart by scavengers so no point in giving them free oil
Alternator change in truck just charge the battery before you leave, it will last till you get out there- see above

All good points.

Did some polishing today (actually SoCalHunter did some polishing today) and I installed my 145 watt alternator. So I can cross those of the list.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu