2014 Predator. Buckhunter

BuckHunter

“Venison” It’s what’s for dinner!
Feb 3, 2011
I'm on the board.......... ;D

Went camping at the river with the family and friends this weekend. Got out twice. First time the batteries were dead in the caller. First and only set of the day this morning. I set the caller out about 100 yards and started with Lightning Jack and then switched to the Pup in Distress after 7 minutes. This guy came in hot from my right . By the time I got on him and started tracking him in the scope he was almost to the decoy. At 20 feet away he almost stopped, but then did a 180 and took off. I shot him at about 120 yards on a dead run. Very impressed with the .204 and Bill's hand loads. It did you proud today man. Everything you said it would be.

Attachments

• River Yote - Copy.jpg
    River Yote - Copy.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 310
  • James.jpg
    James.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 316
nice shootin....those on the run shots are not easy but fun when you connect.. ;D

On a weekend trip with my wife hunting and fishing up the Owens Valley. The first set at dusk looked so great but nothing came in. More fun tomorrow.

Good luck up there Jim. If you get a yote up there consider yourself a pro. They get a lot of pressure up that way. I think the mothers start training the pups from birth to flee any predator sound they hear.

Lungpopper said:
Good luck up there Jim. If you get a yote up there consider yourself a pro. They get a lot of pressure up that way. I think the mothers start training the pups from birth to flee any predator sound they hear.

That's good info. Sounds like I should go more remote then. I was trying to stay near the water , green bush, and rabbits,but that is all near the dirt roads. Brought the bows for the jack rabbits. Almost had a shot yesterday. This an't no camping trip. Hotel room , no kids , hunting. What more could you ask for out of a weekend get away. ;)

Attachments

• 1402157572612.jpg
    1402157572612.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 58
3 more yotes for me. My total is now 4 coyote's.

Attachments

• IMG_0234.JPG
    IMG_0234.JPG
    214.9 KB · Views: 84
Coyote's

Attachments

• 20140821_185014.jpg
    20140821_185014.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 83
  • 20140821_195834.jpg
    20140821_195834.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 89
Sdbirds said:
Did you 2 shot a few?

Yes. The 1st and the 3rd needed a little extra love. I don't worry about shot placement when they are on the run.

Before sun up I placed the fox pro out and climbed the tree. At 9:00 two coyotes were on a trail at 125 yards. Set it to kitten in distress on low volume because they were so close. They turned and came running over. They were in a blind spot in the tall brush and I turned the call off before they got to me so they would hopefully walk around confused and maybe I could get a better bow shot . That didnt work and they held up 40 yards away in the brush. I turn it back on and the big male ran up to the call, paused and got drilled. I had sprayed the caller with some predator cover scent and I think that helped to give me that extra second I needed.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu